Sunday, 8 February 2009

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just played the demo of this... nice interface (takes a little getting used to but it works very well once you have), quirky graphics which suit the game's humour, and dialogue that sticks very closely to Douglas Adams' brilliant book of the same name. It's definitely a game for fans, some of the puzzles might appear very obscure if you didn't alreayd know the plot! This isn't simply a slightly interactive set of cut-scenes however, and when finished it looks like it's going to be one hell of a game. It's a little buggy at the moment but for a first demo that isn't unexpected. The main part of the game works very well, the autosave function is a definite boon (well the world is about to end, remember? Dying is a distinct possibility...) and the humour is spot-on (whether directly quoting from the book or not).

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one released... it's planned to be "in a year or two" - however long I think it'll be worth the wait!


Check the development announcement for more details and to find the demo download.


CaptainD - PC Gaming Blog

2 comments:

Dualnames said...

planned in a year or two..For the sake of my mail account, I hope to get this faster :D. Thanks for the nice words..again.

CaptainD said...

Drop me a line if you need a hand with playtesting or storyline (not that I think you need any help with the latter, btw...) Unfortunately my AGS ability has never been great, and my last abortive attempt to make a (RON) game was probably my last...

Google+ Followers