Tuesday, 12 May 2009

RetroAction Issue 2 is out!

Here are some of the things you can look forward to in this issue:

Building Classics
We take a look at one of the most successful game engines ever, including the many games developed for it.

The Retr0brite Project
Are your old computers and consoles looking “not-so-mellow yellow”? Then read our Retr0brite feature where we explain how to deal with this problem.

Retromags
Want to re-live old retrogaming nostalgia or discover old publications that you didn’t read first time around? Then join us as we bring details of some of the most popular magazines of olde.

Twilight of the Spectrum
The Sinclair ZX Spectrum didn’t really disappear in the early 1990s. As we explain, in this first part of a huge Spectrum retrospective, Europe enjoyed many years of rubber-keyed gaming...

MAME: Emulator Profile
Often referred to as the best arcade emulator and most recognisable names in the emulation world. We tell you why, while examining the history, the software, and some of the better known games.

Computer Warrior, Part 2
Memoirs of the Computer Warrior comic strip, from the 1980s Eagle comic, where gamers discover how to play computer games within the computer's realm.

Also interviews, regular features, reviews...

Download now! (PDF file)

(Next issue should have my Retro Respect: Defender of the Crown article... I'm afraid I was too slow and didn't get it finished in time for issue 2!)


CaptainD - PC Gaming Blog





Stumble or DIGG this blog:



Stumble Upon Toolbar


3 comments:

gnome said...

Ahh, thanks for the mention dear CaptainD! Can't wait for the next issue!

Nreive said...

Hi CaptainD, can't wait to put your DotC article together. I can see the design in my head at the moment, but I promised myself one week break before I begin work issue 3.

CaptainD said...

Hi Gnome! But how could I not mention it?!? :-D Gotta read this issue first though...

Neil - you dare to take a break?! Ah well, I suppose you're allowed since my article was late in the first place. Will try to put some more reviews / articles together for you in the near future.

Google+ Followers